Baby and Child Massage
If you’ve not yet taken your baby to massage classes it is well worth considering, not only can it be a lovely social way to meet new mums it has physical and emotional benefits to both parent and baby.
- It can help strengthen the bond between you and your baby
- It can help with tummy related issues – wind, constipation etc
- Regularly massage relaxes baby’s muscles, breathing becomes deeper as massage raises levels of the ‘feel-good’ hormone in both you and your baby. This helps you both feel calmer and relaxed.
A lot of us have taken our baby to massage classes and most of us love to go for a massage as a treat to relax or sort out aches and pains but very few of us massage our children. Child massage can be hugely beneficial too;
- It creates calm space for one to one time.
- It allows the older child to open up and talk. Boys in particular often don’t share with their parent details about their day or things that are bothering them.
- It can strengthen the bond between parent and child.
- It can be used as a technique to help your child to relax this can be particularly helpful before anxious or stressful times ie before exams, hospital trips or going away from home.
- It has been proven to help with asthma, eczema, ADHD and depression.